HEDNA (the Hotel Electronic Distribution Network Association) announced its 2013 Board of Directors at their Winter Conference held December 3-5, 2012, at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas. HEDNA are an important association to our industry, especially to those of us involved directly in distribution and is made up of representatives from all over the hotel world, from technology companies and GDS; distribution companies and hotel chains. So here are some names to watch. There are three newly elected members of the board:
- Craig Barnby, Director, Hospitality Solutions Architect, Orbitz Worldwide
- Mike Carlo, Global Market Leader for Travel, GlobalCollect
- John Owens, Senior Vice President, Global Sales, Pegasus Solutions
Additional Members at Large for 2013 are:
- Tom Bruno, Director, eDistribution Development and Operations, Marriott International
- David Cabreza, Director, International Distribution Services, Hilton Worldwide
- Doug Carr, Executive Director Distribution, Fairmont Raffles Hotels International
- Cynthia Castillo, Head of Hotel Program & Customer Relationship Travel Services Business Group, Amadeus IT Group S.A.
- Kevin Furlong, Director of Data Services, Hyatt Hotels and Resorts
- Linda Kent, SVP, Electronic Distribution, Wyndham Hotel Group
- Edward Perry, Global Senior Director of Social Media, OTA Partnerships and Innovation Projects, Worldhotels
- David Revelle, Director of Business Development, DerbySoft
- Dee Thomas, Vice President – Product Management, Supplier Solutions, Lanyon
- Rajesh Vohra, Sales and Marketing Director, Sarova Hotels
Retiring from the board are: Louise Meyer, Vice President, Hotels, VFM Leonardo; Sarah Fowler, formerly Strategic Account Director, Pegasus Solutions; and Melanie Ryan Owens, Senior Vice President, Sales, Bankrate, Inc. and formerly with Orbitz Worldwide, who leaves the association after eight years on the board, the past four as President.
HEDNA also announced the Executive Committee for 2013: Rajesh Vohra takes the reins as President of HEDNA’s Board of Directors; Doug Carr was elected Vice President; Edward Perry retains his position as Secretary; and Tom Bruno retains his role as Treasurer.
HEDNA saw a record number of new members in 2012, in addition to enjoying record attendance at the Winter Meeting in Las Vegas. “The strong support of our members has allowed HEDNA to increase its educational offerings, expand outreach, deliver additional networking opportunities, and further strengthen the organization’s strategic vision to be the leading global forum to advance hospitality distribution,” Owens said in her opening remarks.
As she announced the new board and passed the torch to Vohra at the close of the conference, Owens expressed sincere thanks to the HEDNA membership, Board of Directors and the association’s world class staff. “It’s been an honor and a pleasure to serve as President of HEDNA these past four years,” she said. “I am truly thankful for your support and your faith in me to lead this inspiring association.”
As he begins his two-year term as President, Vohra pointed to his previous role as a board member as sound training for the job ahead. “After a very enjoyable and fruitful two years on the HEDNA Board I am delighted and excited to have been elected to lead such an august group of industry leaders. Melanie has been a wonderful President and will be a truly hard act to follow. The future for HEDNA is very bright, and I look forward to helping shape that future over the next 2 years.”